Napali coast dinner whale sail



As we checked in at the Blue Dolphin store in the shopping village of Port Allen I looked up at the grey threatening looking sky and thought to myself:
“If nothing else, I’m sure we’ll see whales.”
I had just done a trip along the Napali
Coast about two weeks prior and there were whales everywhere then, so I was pretty confident that we were about to have at least one encounter with a playful group of whales today. If I had only known how many whales we were about to see I would’ve strapped my GoPro cameras down all over the boat because we were literally surrounded by a group of whales for almost ten minutes. I think that any camera pointed in the direction of the water would’ve got some good pictures of the whale encounter. After the excitement of the whales subsided the Captain was able continue on and navigated us down the coast past the Pacific Missile Range and Polihale Beach to the Napali Coastline. The Napali cliffs are over 3000 feet tall and I am sad to say that although I got some good pictures, none of them were able to capture any sense of the actual scale of how tall the cliffs of Napali really are. The Captain kept the boat in close to the cliffs on the way up the coast until we
reached Kalalau Beach. Here we turned around and the Captain moved our course farther out to sea so we could get pictures of ourselves with the entire cliff line in the background. We spent the rest of the evening eating and sipping from our bottomless MaiTai cups as we watched the sun go down over the ocean. The seas were calm, the crew was friendly and the grey clouds did not drop a single bit of rain on us. We enjoyed our time we got to spend on the boat with Blue Dolphin Charters.




Please follow us on Facebook or Twitter.


Follow barefoot_tours on Twitter



Jake Barefoot
Vice President
Tom Barefoot's Tours

0 comments:

Post a Comment